Odyssey Institute has expert trainers, qualified and highly experienced in AOD counselling, who can develop training tailored for your organisation’s needs. Examples of some of the training we have developed for organisations include:
- Working with job seekers with alcohol and other drug issues
- Motivational interviewing – conversations about change; a 2-day workshop
- Working with clients with alcohol and other drug issues, risk management, harm reduction, referral
- Working with groups / alcohol and other drug and other needs
- Introduction to counselling: basic counselling skills
- Motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioural therapy: 2-day workshop for those with advanced skills
- Challenging behaviours – a 1/2 day workshop
- Alcohol and other drug awareness for organisations
Training needs analyses for organisations
As a veteran provider of drug and alcohol treatment strategies, Odyssey House Victoria understands the importance of having well-trained and qualified staff.
To assist your organisation’s aims of having well trained and qualified staff, Odyssey Institute can you provide you with a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) that identifies gaps in your organisations skills objectives.
The TNA is a diagnostic approach that identifies staff who may need training or qualifications in alcohol and other drugs work, including mental health work and may lead to training which is subsidised by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments.
To enquire about a TNA for your organisation call or email us. This service is valued at up to $1,950, however this fee is waived for organisations that follow-on with enrolments in our courses!
Learn more about how we can help your organisation
Would you like to learn more about how Odyssey Institute can deliver tailored learning solutions for your organisation? Our Student Coordinator is available on (03) 8537 7112 and at email@example.com; or you can reach out to us via the contact page.