Apply for the CHC53215 Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set now. Intake will be opened every 3 months.
- Statement of attainment (for all units completed)
- Credit into Odyssey’s Certificate IV or Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs
Problem Gambling is recognised as a significant social and community issue. This Skill Set provides insight and understanding of the needs of people and families affected by problem gambling. Undertaking this skill set includes development in the skills required to assess and counsel clients who are affected by problem gambling. Our learning materials feature quality recorded case studies to enhance the experiences of our learners. This Skill Set is sought after by those who have existing qualifications in related fields such as alcohol and other drugs, health/allied health, counselling, or other related human services fields
- CHCGMB001 Assess the needs of clients with problem gambling issues
- CHCGMB002 Provide counselling for clients with problem gambling issues
Odyssey offers students opportunities to access a combination of delivery modes to meets their needs. Delivery modes include optional participation via flexible and blended online delivery that features:
- Anytime-anywhere access to online learning and assessment resources.
- Trainer led study support via phone, email, and Zoom/Teams.
Odyssey’s courses are assessed using a variety of assessment methods, including question banks, other written tasks, case study analysis and observation of simulated role plays.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
All students may apply for recognition of prior learning based upon formal, informal, and non-formal experience and learning, and may indicate this in the application form.
If you have successfully completed a course with another provider, then credit transfers will be applied upon provision of a verified statement of attainment for the same unit/s of competency. Assessment only pathways are available on a fee for service basis. For more information on our RPL processes, please click here.
Fees and charges
Full fee: $775.55 (includes a non-refundable $75 administration fee)
Concession and government subsidised places are not available for this course.
Basic skills required to participate
- Language and literacy skills for reading and listening to course materials, writing responses to short answer questions, case notes, conducting comprehensive client assessments (completed on industry approved templates).
- Students need intermediate computer literacy and good time management skills. If you need to improve your computer skills, then please consider undertaking a basic computer skill course with an adult learning centre by following this link.
Learn more – contact us
Would you like to learn more about the Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set? You can send us a message with the form below, or contact the Student Coordinator directly.