Apply for the CHCSS00093 Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set now. Intake will be opened every 3 months.
- Statement of attainment (for all units completed)
- Credit into Certificate IV and Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs
The Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set provides valuable skills for and AOD-specific capabilities for providing services to clients with AOD issues. The Skill Set is particularly suitable for those who have existing qualifications in a related fields such as health/allied health, counselling, or other human services fields and is recognised by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and agencies in the AOD sector, as the minimum qualification for working in the Victorian AOD sector.
- CHCAOD001 Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCAOD004 Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHOAOD009 Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCAOD006 Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
Odyssey offers students opportunities to access a combination of delivery modes to meets their needs. Delivery modes include optional participation via flexible and blended online delivery that features:
- Anytime-anywhere access to online learning and assessment resources.
- Trainer led web-conferenced workshops and tutorials/catch up sessions (recordings available after hours); and
- Student led study groups.
Odyssey’s courses are assessed using a variety of assessment methods, including question banks, other written tasks, case study analysis and observation of simulated role plays.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
All students may apply for recognition of prior learning based upon formal, informal, and non-formal experience and learning, and may indicate this in the application form.
If you have successfully completed a course with another provider, then credit transfers will be applied upon provision of a verified statement of attainment for the same unit/s of competency. Assessment only pathways are available on a fee for service basis. For more information on our RPL processes, please click here.
Fees and charges
Government subsidised fee: $129.00 (includes non-refundable $75 administration fee)
Full fee: $1475.00 (includes a non-refundable $75 administration fee)
Basic skills required to participate
- Language and literacy skills for reading and listening to course materials, writing responses to short answer questions, case notes, conducting comprehensive client assessments (completed on industry approved templates).
- Students need intermediate computer literacy and good time management skills. If you need to improve your computer skills, then please consider undertaking a basic computer skill course with an adult learning centre by following this link.
Learn more – contact us
Would you like to learn more about the Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set? You can send us a message with the form below, or contact the Student Coordinator directly.
Phone: (03) 8537 7112
Mobile: 0466 820 809