Welcome to Odyssey Institute
Who we are
Odyssey House Victoria has more than 30 years of experience providing alcohol and other drugs (AOD) treatment services in Victoria. Part of Odyssey’s remit is to provide AOD workforce development through its activities as an enterprise based registered training organisation – trading as Odyssey Institute (RTO 20995).
As an enterprise based RTO we draw on the expertise of specialists in AOD clinical and therapeutic practices to inform and enhance the quality of our training programs. You can be confident that the training you receive will be in accordance with industry standards and informed by evidence based practice and current data.
We provide a range of nationally-recognised training programs for those seeking to enter the AOD workforce or for existing workers who wish to enhance their skills in AOD work. As a service provider and a training provider we have a commitment to quality training and educational services.
Our commitment to quality educational and training services enhances our ability to:
- Advance careers with nationally-recognised award qualifications.
- Support workers to stay connected through professional networks.
- Enhance professional advancement through professional development courses tailored to their profession or workplace.
Odyssey Institute also designs and delivers non-accredited programs to meet the needs of other workforces and agencies who interact with and support clients and families affected by AOD issues.
Our courses include
Odyssey Institute provides a variety of pathways to completing qualifications:
- Conventional learning and assessment: This may include online, face-to-face or classroom-based learning, or a blend of these – and may be dependent on your circumstances, ie. whether or not you are employed in a role with access to clients with AOD issues.
- Workplace-based: For students who are currently employed in a role with access to clients with AOD issues. Students undertaking workplace-based assessments maintain and submit log-sheets regularly to provide evidence of their progress.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): RPL is an assessment process that involves assessment of your relevant prior learning (including formal and informal learning) to determine actual credit outcomes for units of study. You may apply for RPL for all or part of a qualification. RPL requires that you submit evidence which corresponds to the assessment criteria for each unit of competency. Find out more information about RPL here.
- Gap training and assessment: For students who have completed an earlier version of the qualifications we offer and wish to update to the most updated version. This will be based upon the evidence you can provide (eg. workplace-based evidence such as certificates) and other assessment tools as determined by your trainer.
- Assessment-only: By arrangement with the Coordinator, you may attempt assessments and provide evidence without undertaking any training. Note: this is available only as a fee-for-service activity.
Odyssey’s programs are ideal for those seeking employment in the AOD sector, workers currently employed in the AOD sector and health and community service practitioners seeking to upskill in specific AOD or mental health competencies. Students can access our programs via a variety of delivery modes to suit their individual circumstances as well as the needs of employers.
Using the latest in e-learning, our flexible online learning solutions are available anywhere-anytime, enabling students to integrate their learning within their practice in real time and as needed.
- Flexible online delivery features online access to learning and assessment materials as well as support from trainers and assessors via telephone, emails and forums. This mode is particularly suited to existing workers and allows for a workplace based learning experience;
- Blended delivery includes face-to-face workshops facilitated in a class room environment combined with online access to learning and assessment materials and resources, and
- Customised delivery of nationally recognised and accredited, or specialist non-accredited programs tailored to the needs of you and your organisation. This may include short face to face sessions (3 -4 hours) or 1 – 2 days dependent upon the topic.
Choosing Odyssey Institute for your training needs
Our trainers and course developers are experienced AOD clinicians. They continually develop and improve our course material in consultation the broader sector and with the expert clinicians at Odyssey House Victoria. For more information about why you should select us as your training provider, please see the about us page or call the RTO Manager on (03) 8537 7711.
Government Funded Training
If you live or work in Victoria, you may be eligible to access training that is supported by Victorian Government subsidies! Odyssey Institute offers eligible candidates substantially subsidised enrolments in a range of qualifications? Click here to find out if you are eligible. Details of fees applicable to Victorian Government subsidised course positions are available here.
Statement of Fees and Service Standards – now available
Learn more – contact us
Would you like to learn more about the full suite of services on offer at Odyssey Institute? Our Student Coordinator is available on (03) 8537 7115 and at firstname.lastname@example.org; or you can reach out to us via the contact page.